Thursday, July 15, 2010

Aakrosh (1980)

Thursday, July 15, 2010 ….. 5pm

I was flipping through each cd holder of my cd bag when I hooked upon a movie named “Aakrosh,” made in 1980. I had downloaded it more than six months ago, but hadn’t ever managed to arrange my lots of nothing doing times for it.

To my luck, I must confess to my grace of mind after watching the movie, the DVD, bought in Rs. 20 from a shop at KU gate, where I had burnt in the movie hadn’t gone crashed. Although smooth running of the movie was altered at some points, too much used DVD ROM of my computer played it fine.

I wish not to miss any good works of Naseeruddin Shah. Net surfing on his name provided with the

information on this movie; and the National Award the movie grasped. Now there was no point in missing this work after the movie was already declared to me as a best piece by sites, rewards and receptions- I must call it a bourgeoisie trick.

‘Aakrosh’- it does sound like a Sunney Deol or Sunil Shetty’s flick of 90’s. But it really ain’t. The name ‘Aakrosh’ does not sound handsome for a good movie, but judging a book by its cover would be an ill practice.

‘Aakrosh’ was surely a big struck to me. The mental animation versions of my movies will very hardly skip the rays casted upon me by this beautiful piece. I was flipping through TV channels when I went through this terror occupied dreadful face. I would have been 12 or 13 then. My consciousness hardly casted away this image though I preferred unworldly action flicks to real masterpieces. I’m talking about Om Puri.

What is law? Is it the principle to guide human behavior? Who should guide the law? Is humanity void if it is contrary to law? Lots of to-be-answered-questions lies. Something that suppresses humanity would be a perfect bourgeoisie norm.

It would be an injustice if I start telling you the story. It’s a must watch movie- a not-to-miss-creation. But, what we opt as the ending for the movie while we are engrossed into it would be a false decision. The compromising end or the end of all harms as the terminating point for the movie hints the downfall of Bourgeoisie society prevalent since long time back. And the makers know it right. Govind Nihalani knows it right.

Bollywood has lots of superstars: Amitabh Bachchan, Amir Khan and Shahrukh Khan; but it does have actors like Om Puri, Naseeruddin Shah and Amrish Puri.

A good movie keeps you thinking and smiling.

************** KUBH *************

No comments: