Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Must Start Writing

Trying for Mobile Network
- Rajan Kathet


(March 20, 2012)


(Random Photos by: Ali Rasheed, on a visit to Phulchwoki, Location Hunt for a short film, March 27, 2012)

..........  It’s been months, (too much reluctant to figure out how many exactly), since I last laid my fingers on the keyboard to have something written for my blog. It feels really awesome to increase number of updates in blog, to have readers post their comments and suggestions in the post you have just published—though these days, the trend of blogs is degrading with the previous significant number of users jumping into blogging.

Ali made me pose for scene selection
Once I even used to publish articles in the renowned national dailies. An article sent to the editor would linger almost for a month in my head, desperately awaiting it to be published with the new title changed in by the editors and some new words you ever heard before. I remember how I wake up so early in the mornings to my recent habit of getting up at 8 or 9 and rushed to newspaper shops to see if my work had been favored this time.

From Left: Pranesh, Santosh & Me
“Oh! This time again the same fellow- he had his article published just few days ago.” How could editors simply ignore new zeal? How could new writers flourish unless they are given a chance? It’s been a month since I sent an article to them, and still there’s no sign of it getting published. 

Pranesh and Santosh
Sometimes, you are checking in for your recently sent article, and there suddenly appears the stuff you had already given up the hope. You laugh to your great amusement. You really don’t believe for a moment. You again and again read the article to make yourself believe that it’s truly yours. 

I wrote not to prove others how well I write things or how awful I’m with words. I always wrote because I wanted to write better. I wanted to express my opinions and tell people my stories in best versions of words. I rarely chose to write in complex of words and sentences—whether it’s Nepali or English, not because I preferred simplicity but I am quite poor in vocabulary. I know this simplicity won’t work when one appears for GRE, GMAT or other language test examinations, but it’ll really do quite a favor if I ever choose writing continuously. 

I haven’t thought of writing a novel or a memoir when I’m fishing around my dream pond during my retired age. But, I do have thought of appearing soon for IELTS. I am also thinking of resuming publishing my write-ups in papers. If nothing great that generates ‘wow’ occurs to my writings then at least I can publish my work in my own blog. I can of course force my online friends emotionally to check my recent posts. 

I don’t know why I am lingering around in nothing. Recently, I have watched lots of Iranian films- I can at least write short reviews on them. Oh, how could I have forgotten, I have just been back from half a month’s visit of Darjeeling and Sikkim. I think I must start writing something now--- really doesn’t matter whether it’s something useful or awful.  

*******

1 comment:

Vivek Sharma said...

Dai,you are inspirational role model.